WorldRemit is an online service that lets people send money to friends and family living abroad, using a computer, smartphone or tablet.
It is a convenient, low-cost alternative to traditional money transfer companies that use high street agents and charge high fees.
Money can be received as a bank deposit, cash pick-up, Mobile Money, or mobile airtime top-up.
WorldRemit’s service is available to senders in 50 countries. WorldRemit offers transfers to more than 140+ destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and the Americas.
WorldRemit wanted to start offline campaign to target Filipino communities in the UK and Nordic. The niche audiences have certain behaviours as well as live in various parts of the country, especially for Filipino community there is no particular location where the community is dense unlike some other ethnic communities, which makes targeting quite difficult.
- Our task was to find effective ways to raise their awareness about the trustworthy money transfer service among the target audience
- Educate the audience about the benefits of sending the money online, rather the offline via agents
- Engaged the targted ethnic communities in various environment eg: churches, events…
- Radio jiggles on various ethnic radios
- Adverts in various media
- Conducted surveys
- Carried out focused groups
- Campaigns at barrio fiestas, summer festivals, churches, corner stores, barbers, hair, beauty and food stores
- Street campaigns – Distributing promotion materials to on streets of London, Birmingham, Manchester, Yorkshire etc