WorldRemit is an online service that lets people send money to friends and family living abroad, using a computer, smartphone or tablet.
It is a convenient, low-cost alternative to traditional money transfer companies that use high street agents and charge high fees.
Money can be received as a bank deposit, cash pick-up, Mobile Money, or mobile airtime top-up.
WorldRemit’s service is available to senders in 50 countries. WorldRemit offers transfers to more than 140+ destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and the Americas.
The 2011 UK Census recorded 59,227 Ugandan-born residents in England, 588 in Wales, 986 in Scotland, and 82 in Northern Ireland. The Office for National Statistics estimates that in 2014, 51,000 people born in Uganda were resident in the UK.
WorldRemit wanted to start offline campaign to target Ugandans communities in the UK and Nordic.
- Our task was to find effective ways to raise their awareness about the trustworthy money transfer service among the target audience
- Educate the audience about the benefits of sending the money online, rather the offline via agents
- Engaged the targted ethnic communities in various environment eg: churches, events…
- Radio jiggles on various ethnic radios
- Adverts in various media
- Conducted surveys
- Street campaigns – Distributing promotion materials to on streets of London, Birmingham etc