WorldRemit is an online service that lets people send money to friends and family living abroad, using a computer, smartphone or tablet.
It is a convenient, low-cost alternative to traditional money transfer companies that use high street agents and charge high fees.
Money can be received as a bank deposit, cash pick-up, Mobile Money, or mobile airtime top-up.
WorldRemit’s service is available to senders in 50 countries. WorldRemit offers transfers to more than 140+ destinations across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia and the Americas.
According to statistics published by the ONS (Office for National Statistics) for the period of 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018, there were an estimated 205,000 people who were born in Nigeria living in the UK but is is estimated to be more than half a million Nigerians in the UK.
WorldRemit wanted to start offline campaign to target Nigerian communities in the UK and Nordic.
- Our task was to find effective ways to raise their awareness about the trustworthy money transfer service among the target audience
- Educate the audience about the benefits of sending the money online, rather the offline via agents
- Engaged the targted ethnic communities in various environment eg: churches, events…
- Radio jiggles on various ethnic radios
- Adverts in various media
- Conducted surveys
- Street campaigns – Distributing promotion materials to on streets of London, Birmingham etc