WorldRemit is an online money transfer service that provides international remittance services to expatriates and migrant workers. The company was founded in 2010 by Ismail Ahmed, Catherine Wines and Richard Igoe and is backed by venture capital companies Accel Partners and Technology Crossover Ventures.
Despite being less convenient for the sender and generally worse value for money, many migrants prefer to use Offline money transfer instead of Online to send money home. WorldRemit wnted to change that by raising awareness of its service benefits with receivers, so they will encourage their sender to use WorldRemit to send them money.
The task was to use social influencers, to make the WorldRemit brand seem more relevant and trusted ‘a brand for me’ – reassuring influencers followers that WorldRemit is a brand that is safe to use.
WHAT WE ACHEIVED
- Created shareable content relevant to senders and receivers packaged in different ways for social media (Facebook + others).
- Targeted and engaged over 150k social influencers fans
- Filmed and created over 30 clips to promote among others Arsenal speedstars, WorldRemit campaign
- Created and posted positive posts promoting WR products and services
- Interviewed and vlogged celebrities and other influencers on how easy it is to send money via Instagram / YT / FB and if possible mentions on her TV shows.
- Done a Weekly posting of WorldRemit content based on theme and guidance from WorldRemit.
- Posted video recording per week enlightening viewers, fans on how to use and the various options of receiving money.
- Celebrity endorsement
Sheilah Gashumba is an AWARD WINNING TV Presenter on @ntvuganda. She is the brand for MTN, Uber, Africell-Orange, Coca Cola, WorldRemit.
Sheilah was literally raised on television, having first graced the silver screen at a tender age of 10, as a News Anchor and Reporter of the Kids News show on WBS TV. The gig saw her land a role as a brand ambassador of AQUA SAFE WATER to promote clean and safe drinking water for children.